Monday, March 2, 2009

37 miles

It always sounds better when you add up your weekly mileage rather than count individual runs. My training for Stockholm is going to plan and I clocked up 37 miles this week, doing an average of 8.1 minute miles on my steady long run yesterday...not fast enough yet but I'll have to fartlek that figure up, so to speak. 

37 miles...that's about 3700 calories too. We replenished a few of those lost calories after our long run yesterday with a delicious lamb tagine, accompanied by potatoes and parsnips mashed with coursegrain mustard and parsley and a crisp frisee salad. Potatoes and parsnips are great veggies to eat after a long run as they have a good level of high G.I. carbohydrate to work on replenishing your glycogen levels...and they are very easy to cook (I didn't even bother peeling the potatoes).

Pud was some homemade walnut and white chocolate chip brownies with a fresh fruit salad of strawberries, blueberries and very expensive blackberries (very non-eco, I know, I expect they came from Peru or somewhere).

If you discount the few glasses of Shiraz we washed this down with, this was probably an almost perfect post workout feast.

No comments: